Monday, January 25, 2010

THE IN-BETWEEN




†Current status: sitting on the floor at JFK trying to get all my shit charged before my 5-6ish hour flight to Reykjavik, Iceland and then the 2hr flight to Arlanda International Airport in Sweden.

The last few days in new york really reminded me of why i love it... and also reminded me of how much i love san francisco. Usually when i travel, i try to do as the romans do. i'm not a tourist trappy kind of person. i like to go to local dive bars and get cheap local eats. however, this time around, i was with two NY first timers; irene (my sister) and christine (my cousin). so we ended up doing a lot of touristy things. we went to times square the first night, a place i haven't been since i went there with the kristens 2 years ago. they also insisted on seeing central park, wtc, ellis island, and the arc de triomphe in washington sq. i have to admit, once i stopped caring about looking like a lost tourist and embracing my visitor-status, i had a lot of fun. the highlight of all this tourism being that we ate at cafe habana in soho (OMG THE CORN) and also grabbed some dank rice pudding from rice to riches (a bit rich for my tastes but good regardless).

that's all for now, i'm pretty excited and nervous all at time same time about boarding my flight in an hour. i'm not really sure what to expect, but i've got a plan if i end up by myself all week. check soon for more updates.

here's a garfield cartoon courtesy of drew that made me smile.





No comments: